The Department of Physics strives to learn and understand physical phenomena over a broad spectrum and disseminate the knowledge. We envisage to train and prepare the students for the future with the evolving trends in teaching and research. Reducing the gap between classroom teaching and research, learning through debates, organising physics based co-curricular activities, interaction with the renowned teachers and scientists through seminars and workshops (physical or via national knowledge network) etc. are some of the initiatives in place to realise effective learning. Given the diverse nature of the discipline, it is essential to provide an atmosphere that facilitates fruitful interaction between people, and between various sub-disciplines of physic.
To achieve the above goals, we are constantly endeavouring to:
- Attract outstanding faculty members in diverse areas.
- Maintain state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities.
- Train students into confident and motivated scientists.
- Provide innovative classroom teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Communicate the excitement of Physics to the public at large.